Grasping complexity in all our projects
For any historian, complexity is part of the job. For Corvus, it is essential to all of our projects. We focus on making present complexities more understandable; on inspiring you with surprises from the past; and on making the future less uncertain.
Corvus has particular expertise in the complex worlds of borders, media, trust and technology. But we consider everything in the past, present and future as our playing field. Let us know about your questions, concerns and issues, and we will tackle them with you.
The Corvus consultants and academic team members have gained particular expertise with regard to borders. From migration to brexit, we understand the essentials of all things territorial. Corvus has
- Advised Belgian police, customs and harbour services on Brexit
- Advised Belgian exporters on Brexit
- Analysed historical data on arms trade for a Flemish peace institute
- Participated in debates on terrorism and border control in Washington DC
People have always shared information. Some did so through printed pamphlets, others through television broadcasts. Today, Corvus uses its understanding of old and new means of communication to advise public actors and private enterprises alike. Corvus has
- Provided content to five different media outlets
- Assisted young historians in making their research media accessible
Without faith in others, nothing happens in the world. Corvus team members study past and present mechanics of trust, helping organizations to understand and foster a positive alignment with their audiences. Corvus has
- Provided background analyses of trust for three Flemish Institutions
- Helped a Belgian semi-governmental office in its strategic reflection
- Discussed 'post-truth' policy in international fora
Some claim that technology makes the world an entirely different place. But people have moved to those places before. We did not get to a fourth Industrial Revolution without at least three prior examples. Corvus has
- Worked to incorporate historical reflection in future thinking
- Explored projects with academics developing new tech
- Helped a semi-governmental office to adapt to rapid technological change
Members of Corvus have assisted partners and clients in many other areas as well. We have dealt with gender issues, matters of trade, and the influence of the past on political instability worldwide. In other words:
Let us know where we can help you.